Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Team No Sleep

I know most of you who know me and clicked this blog, are dying to know what crazy idea I`m coming up with now. Either that, or you yourself are a part of our #TeamNoSleep and #NoDaysOff movement , so you're looking for inspiration or justification to continue NOT SLEEPING. 

Not only is no sleep a requirement for success, but it now a movement and a fad. From Twitter, to clothing lines, to everyday communication. It's a positive movement, but how do our bodies benefit or suffer?



Today, I am going to express myself openly and be very raw about my personal struggle with my "Will to Succeed" and my sleeping patterns. We all know that each of us gets only 24 hours in a day. Oprah, Ted Turner, Elvis, Thomas Edison, and everyone else past and present who is deemed "successful" gets the same amount of hours as we do. We also know that success goes beyond time management and efficiency, but actually cuts into number of hours we have. All successful people sacrifice sleep.

I'd like to share some pros and cons of no sleep versus sleep. I also want your feedback on why you get proper sleep, or why you continuously sacrifice sleep. Here are the pros and cons. Ready?


             PROS                                                     CONS

TEAM NO SLEEP


More hours to work toward my dream                                             Little repair/recovery time
Fit double workouts per day into my schedule                                  Homrone irregulation
Relate to other #TeamNoSleep 'ers                                                  Less connection to #TeamNoSleep 'ers
Keep up my social media                                                                 Less networking on Social Media
Rarely ever miss a new topic or forum                                              Miss too much new information
Reading all the blogs I`m subscribed to.                                            Don't get to read all of my blogs
Pride in my busyness                                                                        Less physical energy 
High mental energy (will to succeed)                                                 Guilt from not being productive enough.
Great discipline                                                                                 Huge mental stress 


PROPER SLEEP

Repair/Recovery Optimized                                                             Increased need for time management
Higher Metabolism                                                                          Less time to achieve everything
Better Focus in daily tasks                                                               Decreased demand of will to push
More physical energy                                                                      Less flexibility
Required less mental strain                                                               Have to be in bed early (nightowl)
Improved physical appearance (beauty)                                           Feelings of guilt for not being the best

As you can see, off of the top of my head I have been considering the PROS/CONS for both: PROPER SLEEP or TEAM NO SLEEP. It is a continuous battle when you want to be successful. You know your body needs sleep, but you don't want to get lazy and over-indulge. While you must listen to your body when you need sleep, you can't sleep on opportunity. For those who are stronger in mind than in body, you can relate. However, for those stronger in body - Athletes, you can probably weigh out for you that sleep is absolutely essential for your performance. 

For me, this is a struggle. The last 3-4 years I have run on an average of 4 hours of sleep per night. However, I have found that my body requires sleep during this season. Now, I'm up to 8 hours some nights. I struggle with weighing my pros and cons here. For many of us, busyness is an idol in which we gratify and crave. I know for me it is. On the other hand, as a health professional, and someone with Thyroid Disease, I have found that working out less, but sleeping more has actually helped me lose excess body fat. While I could go on and on, I want your opinion.

To all of you TEAM NO SLEEP ' ers I want your feedback on this one! Why do you sacrifice sleep? Is it because of an opportunity, or is it daily and year round for you? Please feel free to add your PROS/CONS and share your struggle. 

-Channéll

Share your struggle. No one is perfect. We ALL need inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment