Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Foundation: The Why - Just as Important as The How


Today I was encouraged by my coaches to write down why I am choosing to compete. What is my foundation for what I am doing? Where is my focus? My consistency? So much, yet so simple. So, today I regrouped. I refocused. I revisited my goals and my reasons.



My Reasons for Being a Personal Trainer:

A passion to help others overcome their personal barriers and struggles.
My love of overall health and fitness, and the human body / mind.
A desire to educate others so that they can feel good and live a healthy life.
I enjoy the process or transformation, and the confidence and excitement it brings.
To be an example first hand of overcoming barriers.
To encourage people to focus on positive, and never give up.





Why do I Want to Compete?

To prove to myself that I am strong enough. Willed enough. Disciplined enough.
To experience the satisfaction of victory over myself and others.
To be the best trainer and person I can be & lead by 100% example.
To understand the psychology of the conditioning and training process.
To know what it means to sacrifice, truly work hard, and give my all.
To overcome medical limitations, health concerns and other's perceptions of me.
To rid myself of all negativity, and replace it with persistent work & build confidence.
To believe & follow through.




My Affirmations:

I AM STRONG ENOUGH TO COMPETE.
I WILL EXPERIENCE VICTORY.
I AM THE BEST TRAINER AND PERSON I CAN BE. 
I WILL OVERCOME ANY OBSTACLE.




Time is an illusion; therefore, I will overcome any obstacle because I have already won. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the "I Will" attitude instead of having the "I'll try" or "I want" attitude. Make your dreams reality despite what the world has planned. Get it, Great Post!! As we inspire other we cannot forget to inspire and motivate ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete