Sunday, August 12, 2012

Health: Some Have to Fight

HEALTH & RESOURCES

Let Your Light Shine in the Darkness




Today's blog is inspired by many things, but specifically the people in my life who I have witnessed fighting the battle for their health. Some of us (myself included), tend to complain or get discouraged when we do not get the result that we want in the gym, with our diet, or if we don't make the cut for an athletic program we hoped for.

Today, I was given perspective. As I woke on this Sunday morning I received an email from a friend who has been in the hospital for days. He has been in partial remission from cancer, but now is facing his worst nightmare all over again. Cancer in the chest. This young man has dreams of helping others, even while he is the one in need of help.

A few moments later, I looked at my cell phone messages and saw a message from a friend & former client who is locally in the hospital with pneumonia and wanting my help to regain health when he gets out. Unfortunately, his liver enzymes are high for unknown reason and he is again staying another night in the hospital until doctors can help him.

All of this has me thinking about taking our health for granted. We tend to make light of our health, and talk about it like we'll always have it. But, these men have shown me otherwise today.

As many of you know, last year I created a website for another friend battling cancer stage IIIC ovarian cancer who was able to have surgeries, and is now in remission when she was told she would be dead by now thanks to the support of friends and even strangers. I knew I was helping, but I had no idea how much I could help another's life until I was in the position to make decisions for her.

It is easy to lose sight of health from a perspective of simple survival and quality of life until we don't have it, or have close one's who lose it. I urge you to consider your current state of health! Are you taking care of yourself and doing everything that you can to prevent illness? If so, are you blessed enough to share your knowledge, outlook and resources with someone else who is struggling with their health?

Our health is a gift, and never gauranteed. I believe it is our job to share our knowledge and resources with others struggling. This is why I have chosen my profession as not just a motivator, but also a teacher and encourager to people who are down and out. I am not just a Personal Trainer. I am a human being, a friend, and someone with a desire to help others.  Are you too?

If you can relate to this blog, please, take a look at my friend's website who is currently fighting for his life and send hugs, notes and if possible donations. If his story touches your heart, I encourage you to share his site with others who may have resources to assist. Assistance is not just financial, but is also emotional, and mental too. If you know of anyone who can help in any way, please share. The site manager is Junior Bernadin & there is a contact box to message him on this site.

I have provided the link below.


Edgar Ter-Oganessian "T.O."- Cancer Treatment  




“Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.”  ~Josh Billings






Update:

For those interested in Cecilia's wesbite and her follow up status here is the link to her story

Cecilia Patterson, Everything to Live For - Ovarian Cancer


No comments:

Post a Comment